I constantly get questions about what Moustache March is, why we do it, etc. Well in the past I wrote a F.A.Q on the website that you can find here. But I thought I would write a little more here to help people understand.
The question I probably get most often is, “how can I get involved?” What a loaded question! One thing that we are trying to do this year is have our site be the spot where you can find all the different groups that are doing activities during the month. I hear all the time about different events happening and am hoping to connect people up to honor the ‘stache.
Which brings me to my next thing, honoring the ‘stache. That is our most important mission. There are a lot of groups out there that think you need to be clean shaven at the beginning of March, but my problem with that is that I would only have a moustache for the last few days of the month. So I started in October so that I would have a showing that would truly honor all that is the moustache.
The other big dilemma is the Moustache vs. Mustache debate. When we started we didn’t even think about it, we went with the moustache spelling because it is more traditional and the World Beard and Moustache Championships spell it that way. There is a great site at www.mustachemarch.com, the only problem is I haven’t heard anything from them since 2005 and it seems that they have given up, sad. I do support both spellings because it just makes sense.
So after my rambling here is a summary of what we want you to do to get involved:
• Grow a moustache, duh!
• Go to www.moustachemarch.com look around get motivated and get involved
• Take pictures, make videos, make music and get it online. Send it to us and make it fun. Whether it’s you by yourself in front of a mirror or 100 moustaches taking on the white house just do it.
• Network! Get people involved, get involved with events, motivate people, entertain people.
• Go to www.moustachestore.com and buy some stuff!
• While at the store become a lifetime member and show your support.
• Join the mailing list on the site so you know what is going on.